Congratulations to everyone who participated in the 15th Annual Muskoka Rocks Races supporting Camp Oochigeas.
We especially want to acknowledge our fabulous Race Crew including our families, friends and supporters who year after year help us out in every way possible so that we can put on a safe and fun race for everyone. We appreciate your time and energy. Thank you for another outstanding job!
This past August John Derringer, from Derringer in The Morning on Q107 & The Derringer Podcast joined us as the 2018 race ambassador and co race announcer. John along with his amazing family took time to help make this year one of the best ever!
It was another spectacular day in Minett. Runners, volunteers and supporters came out to celebrate our community -family friendly event which supports incredible camp experiences for children living with cancer. We welcomed Camp Ooch staff, Juliana Rajacic and Caley Bornbaum and listened as a mom shared her family’s story and experience with the camp.
In the first few years of our race we were one of a handful of local Muskoka events raising funds and awareness for the camp. Today there are many events supporting Camp Oochigeas throughout Muskoka and southern Ontario.
Our mission from year one remains today: to raise awareness and financial support for Camp Oochigeas. We are extremely grateful for the support we receive each year. To date, along with our sponsors, community supporters and race participants we have raised over $700,000.00 for Camp Ooch!
Huge thanks to our sponsors who have generously supported The Muskoka Rocks Races for many years. We could not host our event without them:
- Frank Jurjevich -The Lighthouse Group-RBC Wealth Management
- Kevin Sullivan – GMP
- John Friedrichson – Colliers International
A special shout out to our Canadian Shield, Local & In-Kind sponsors:
- Running Room (On course race support)
- Avis Team Real Estate Group (Donation)
- Telequip (Race communication)
- Lululemon Athletica (Water station/prizing for race winners)
- BML SHSH Bracebridge -Muskoka Lakes High School (Finishers Paddles)
- Johnson & Johnson (Race kit products)
- Voortman Cookies (Post race food)
- SWS MARINA (Parking and support)
Some highlights from this year’s Race…
- Over 500 people crossed the finish line in our 3 distances (1k, 5k and 10k)
- We hosted people from the GTA and across Ontario.
- The following provinces were also represented British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and the Yukon.
- We also welcomed our US neighbours from New Jersey, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Colorado, New York and Wisconsin.
- Runners from the UK and Mexico were also represented.
Congratulations to the following 2018 Muskoka Rocks Race Winners:
- 5k – Female – Lavinia Carreau 19:52
- 5k – Male – Andrew Shepherd 17:02
- 10k – Female – Donna Mae Robins 41:44
- 10k – Male – Peter Wilson 38:56
Muskoka Rocks Races is a unique charity event that has grown throughout the years but remains a true community-led race. Including a competitive 10k along with a 5k run/walk and 1k kids run. We have something for every runner in the family.
Each summer we look forward to offering amazing race kits and race shirts, on course support, great post-race food, medals and age group awards.
Muskoka Rocks is an old-school race and we’re super proud of that! We genuinely hope that your experience was amazing!
If you’d like to help out with plans for 2019 please contact Lynn Keane @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you in 2019!
Since we’re celebrating a milestone year we’d like to share some thoughts from our runners:
Congrats again to you and Lynn for organizing a fabulous event. Also, thanks for the goody bag, nice score on the Aveeno products and other goodies!
Great planning!! See you next year!!!
Thanks so much!
Thanks to all volunteers. Awesome job.
Another amazing Ooch Run..our campers say thanks Laurel and Lynn. You ladies are ALL RIGHT… we are proud of you… thank you both
Jani and a Hughie xo
Thanks to all the volunteers. Awesome race with great atmosphere! Thank you for organizing a successful event. My wife was very pleased with your awesome race kit. Also, my compliments for the paddle medal! This really is an awesome way to provide value for money. I’m glad I got up at 5 this morning!
The run on the weekend was fantastic. Our group of 12 has decided to make it an annual. Congratulations.